Cefpython not work well on MacOS 10.13

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Cefpython not work well on MacOS 10.13

Postby GLChen » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:11 pm

Problem:
I want to transplant my windows desktop app based on wxpython+cefpython to Mac OS. But I have no experience about python developing work on Mac OS.
First, I tried to check whether the cefpython work on Mac, I installed wxpython and cefpython, then run wxpython.py in cefpython src code(cefpython/examples/wxpython.py, can be cloned from https://github.com/cztomczak/cefpython.git). The simple app launched successfully, but no page view shown. I use wireshark monitor the network traffic, it seemed that the app did access the url i specified inside the code, and the remote web server did response web html back. But the simple app could not display the web page.
The simple app did not show any page view, just a white page. But! when mouse move to the white page, it changed to hand pointer which meamed this line was a link, i clicked and it pop out a new web window with white page. I think that the simple page got the web html but failed to display it well.
This Problem is really tough for me, any one has resolved it? Thanks a lot!

Environments:
MacOS 10.13.4 (High Sierra)
Python 3.6.5
wxPython 4.0.3
cefpython3 66.0
GLChen

Re: Cefpython not work well on MacOS 10.13

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:12 am

magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: Cefpython not work well on MacOS 10.13

Postby Czarek » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:20 pm

Please create a topic on the CEF Python Forum and I will help you debug the issue.
Maintainer of the CEF Python, PHP Desktop and CEF C API projects. My LinkedIn.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Return to Support Forum