libCEF on a non-os system?

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

libCEF on a non-os system?

Postby timl132 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:22 pm

Hi there,

I have a raspberry pi I run without os(well, a diy os actually). This means it doesn't have the things Linux has(like x11, networking). I do have the full STD/stl c++ library.(except dlopen) I am wondering how difficult it would be to have libCEF running on my little os(ish).
This means, having libCEF output to a pixel buffer and just providing the webpages my self from a file. And have input provided by me too. If required, I created a little triangle rasteriser too which can be used.(to replace opengl for example)
I don't need webgl, but I would like to keep javascript and canvas. And html5.
What would it take to do that?

Thanks!
timl132

Re: libCEF on a non-os system?

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:47 pm

You would need to reimplement large parts of Chromium to work on your OS.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby timl132 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:57 am

magreenblatt wrote:You would need to reimplement large parts of Chromium to work on your OS.

Would it maybe be possible to leave those parts out and just keep the html, css, and javascript engine?
timl132

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:15 am

timl132 wrote:
magreenblatt wrote:You would need to reimplement large parts of Chromium to work on your OS.

Would it maybe be possible to leave those parts out and just keep the html, css, and javascript engine?

Theoretically yes, but the line is very blurry. You might want to look at WebKit instead of for a clearer separation of the renderer layer.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum