Crash during CefShutdown in WebRequestAPI::Shutdown()

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Re: Crash during CefShutdown in WebRequestAPI::Shutdown()

Postby ndesktop » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:58 am

I don't think it reproduces anymore. That was back in times of CEF1 (and in the beginning of CEF3).
Anyways, my "solution" was a combination of
(a) controlled shutdown (signal between host app and libcef via a custom event which simply skipped DCHECK if the shutdown was in progress)
(b) custom exception handler installed while shutdown does its thing (set before CefShutdown and removed after).
(c) dynamic stack analysis on certain Win32 calls (yes, I know...) which decided inside exception handler if the SEH was "expected while we are in shutdown and we're doing this and if that sequence appears etc etc => then ok, we know about this and don't bother user". Not something I was proud of (except was a good exercise on how play god with Win32 internals, keep the user happy and consolidate our crash dumps database).

So - not at all good candidate for a PR, I'm afraid :)
ndesktop
Master

Re: Crash during CefShutdown in WebRequestAPI::Shutdown()

Postby augiekim » Thu May 16, 2019 1:00 pm

Does this bug still exist? We are using CEF 3497 and seeing this crash 3+ times per 1000 users a day on Mac.
augiekim

Previous

Return to Support Forum