CEF Branch 3578 Build Failed on Macos 10.14

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

CEF Branch 3578 Build Failed on Macos 10.14

Postby tslearn » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:11 am

When i build CEF Branch 3578 on Macos 10.14 , it failed, can someone help to find out why ?

This is my build script

Code: Select all
#!/usr/bin/env bash

# 0. Config xcode sdk
sudo xcode-select -s /Applications/Xcode.app

# 1. Create the following directories.
sudo rm -rf /cefbuild
sudo mkdir /cefbuild
sudo chmod 777 /cefbuild

mkdir -p /cefbuild/automate /cefbuild/chromium_git

# 2. Download "~/code/depot_tools" using Git.
cd /cefbuild
git clone https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/tools/depot_tools.git

# 3. Add the "~/code/depot_tools" directory to your PATH. Note the use of an absolute path here.
export PATH=/cefbuild/depot_tools:$PATH

# 4. Download the automate-git.py script to "~/code/automate/automate-git.py".
cd /cefbuild/automate/
brew install wget
wget https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/cef/raw/master/tools/automate/automate-git.py

# 5. Create the "~/code/chromium_git/update.sh" script with the following contents.
export CEF_USE_GN=1
export GN_DEFINES="is_official_build=true proprietary_codecs=true ffmpeg_branding=Chrome"
export GYP_DEFINES=buildtype=Official
export CEF_ARCHIVE_FORMAT=tar.bz2
python ./automate-git.py --download-dir=/cefbuild/chromium_git --depot-tools-dir=/cefbuild/depot_tools --branch=3578 --minimal-distrib --client-distrib --force-clean --x64-build
tslearn

Re: CEF Branch 3578 Build Failed on Macos 10.14

Postby HarmlessDave » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:17 pm

You don't list how it failed, please edit to add that. (Saying only "it doesn't work" is almost never enough information to help someone.)

Have you looked at this thread for branch 3497 under OS X? - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16304
HarmlessDave
Expert

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:45 pm

Looks like they also filed a bug for the same issue: https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... ch-3578-on

I'll close the bug and we can continue the conversation here.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby tslearn » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:47 am

[33889/34054] SOLINK 'obj/cef/cef_framework_shared_library/Chromium Embedded Fra...um Embedded Framework.dSYM/Contents/Resources/DWARF/Chromium Embedded Framework'

It may be the memory issue, i monitor a huge memory alloced when running at above progress. (about 15G physical memory and 7G virtual memory). and then it is crashed

I add the imac to 28GB memory and try it again. hope it pass
tslearn

Postby Czarek » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:04 am

Last year when I was setting up Linux machine for building it was required to have 28 GB of memory (RAM + virtual) to successfully build. Each year memory requirements go higher so I reserve even more memory.
Maintainer of the CEF Python, PHP Desktop and CEF C API projects. My LinkedIn.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Postby HarmlessDave » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:37 pm

Czarek wrote:Last year when I was setting up Linux machine for building it was required to have 28 GB of memory (RAM + virtual) to successfully build. Each year memory requirements go higher so I reserve even more memory.

Windows failed for me with "only" 8 GB of RAM a year or two ago. I got it to build by manually creating an 8 GB swap file, but then upgraded to 16 GB RAM + default swap file.

Mac OS X - I'm not sure about RAM (a co-worker does Mac) but he mentioned needing over 100 GB of disk space.

Building Chromium from source is not for low-spec machines :)
HarmlessDave
Expert

Return to Support Forum