CefSharp not closed after closing the app

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

CefSharp not closed after closing the app

Postby NitinRathore » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:45 am

Hi Team,

I am using CefSharp WPF version 67.0.0 (Runtime Version v4.0.30319).
Sometimes CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe not closed even after the app is closed.
It frequently occurs if the frames are loading meanwhile we closed the app or more than one instances of Chromium web browser are opened in the app.

I am closing all the instances at the time of app closing but sometimes the CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe running in the windows task manager.

Thanks,
Nitin Rathore
NitinRathore

Re: CefSharp not closed after closing the app

Postby ndesktop » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:19 am

I don't think someone can determine a cause for this. Usually, in my experience, this means one of the two things:
- there is a bug in implementation (the CEF closing procedure is nontrivial and should be followed using cefclient as an example)
- there is a crash in main process and the subprocess remains orphan. In this case there are a number of threads suggesting various todo things (best probably would be subprocess checking/listening on the parent process handle).
ndesktop
Master

Re: CefSharp not closed after closing the app

Postby NitinRathore » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:28 am

Hi NDESKTOP,

I have reviewed the points suggested by you but all the instances of ChromiumWebBrowser and subprocesses are being disposed in the same thread at the time of app closing.
As I have also maintained logs and implemented exception handling throughout the application and there is no crash caught in the main process.

Thanks,
Nitin Rathore
NitinRathore

Return to Support Forum