Running cef in an application that uses gtk

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Running cef in an application that uses gtk

Postby sprabhu » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:15 pm

Hello,

I'm looking to integrate cef in OSR mode in my application. I'm facing a problem and was looking for some suggestions. My process uses another 3rd party library that also uses gtk and when I integrate cef in my application, I hit a crash in gtk main loop. I'm suspecting this is because of both cef and 3rd party library are using gtk and running their own gtk main loop.

I was wondering if there is a workaround you could suggest. Any configuration that I can use within cef so as to not use gtk? Will writing my own message loop instead of cef's help in this case?
sprabhu

Re: Running cef in an application that uses gtk

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:44 pm

What is the symbolized stack trace for the crash? CEF does not have a runtime dependency on GTK, but Chromium does use GLib to run its message loop. That might conflict with your application’s use of GTK, GLib or XLib. See related comments in https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/cef/issues/2512
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum