Browser fingerprint/trackable

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Browser fingerprint/trackable

Postby Plasmacutter » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:45 am

Hello,

i want to make sure that i cannot be reconized as a previous visitor to a website.
The obvious step is to use an anonymous proxy and modify/delete my cookies. This isnt a problem with CEF.

But Browsers still have a unique fingerprint, created from all the information they reveal to a website, even when ip and cookies change.
To check this i used this page: https://panopticlick.eff.org/
My CEF Browser appears to be unique, and i want to prevent that, or be able to switch to another unique fingerprint on demand.
When i look a the fingerprint results, the biggest offenders seem to be:

User Agent
1 in 36074.83
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/71.0.3578.98 Safari/537.36

Browser Plugin Details
1 in 3607.48
Plugin 0: Chrome PDF Viewer; ; mhjfbmdgcfjbbpaeojofohoefgiehjai; (; application/pdf; pdf). Plugin 1: Chrome PDF Viewer; Portable Document Format; internal-pdf-viewer; (Portable Document Format; application/x-google-chrome-pdf; pdf).

Screen Size and Color Depth
1 in 108224.5
3840x2160x0 (really? 4k is that rare?)

So what would be the best way to make my fingerprint

1. as generic as possible, so that it maches many others
2. Or be able switch around the important identifiers so i can appear as a unique/new visitor on demand

Tips and infos are greatly appreciated

Btw i found a Chrome extension that focuses on making your fingerprint generic. Maybe some of those features could help CEF:
https://github.com/ghostwords/chameleon

EDIT: Also is it somehow possible to implement this in cefbrowser via settings or something?
Is your browser blocking tracking ads? ✗ no
Is your browser blocking invisible trackers? ✗ no
Plasmacutter

Return to Support Forum