Docker container fails to render in OSR from CEF v76

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Docker container fails to render in OSR from CEF v76

Postby zerodefect » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:43 am

Up until now, I have been running CEF v75.1.14 with OSR all in a Docker container (Ubuntu 18.03 flavour). It has been fine but my motivation to upgrade is because of issue #2732

I have now upgraded to v76.1.13, but upon running my Docker container, I now receive the following errors:
[0902/091723.692398:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(369)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.
[0902/091723.738778:WARNING:ipc_message_attachment_set.cc(49)] MessageAttachmentSet destroyed with unconsumed attachments: 0/1

Now if I run that exact same code outside a container on my Linux VM (Ubuntu Linux 18.04.3), there are no errors. The issues only arise within the confines of a Docker container. Am I missing some required libraries? Lastly, I noticed that there is a new 'CefRequestContext' to the 'CreateBrowserSync' function which I set to 'nullptr'. Could that be causing issues?

Any tips/suggestions would be much appreciated.
zerodefect
Techie

Re: Docker container fails to render in OSR from CEF v76

Postby Czarek » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:34 am

Could be a configuration issue on your OS. Does Chromium headless work fine in that container? You can disable sandbox through CefSettings.no_sandbox = true and see if it makes any difference. If you Google the error message you will find some suggestions e.g. to disable GPU.
Maintainer of the CEF Python, PHP Desktop and CEF C API projects. My LinkedIn.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Postby zerodefect » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:26 am

Thanks Czarek for your reply.

I've not tried Chromium headless before. I'll need to research how that is done (and also how to containerize).

I had disabled sandboxing but it appears to be ignoring my request! I'm assuming that is occurring from Chromium or below. In addition (and for anybody elses benefit), I had also tried:
  • --headless
  • --no-sandbox
  • --disable-gpu
  • --disable-gpu-sandbox
  • --disable-software-rasterizer
zerodefect
Techie

Postby Czarek » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:03 am

Have you tested cefclient sample application with the --off-screen-rendering-enabled flag?
Czarek
Virtuoso

Postby zerodefect » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:33 pm

That sounds like the best route. I'll look to give that a go.

Without hijacking the original topic, I notice that there is a cefsimple but no cefclient executable in the automated builds for Linux 64-bit. Is that how it should be? I was hoping not to have to go away and build it :|.
zerodefect
Techie

Postby Czarek » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:43 am

You have to build cefclient yourself on Linux. It's not included with Sample Application. See the CMakeLists.txt file for instructions.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Return to Support Forum