Debug build settings

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Debug build settings

Postby codelimit » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:04 pm

Good day.

Can someone explain/confirm if "Windows 64-bit Builds Standard Distribution" Debug libs from http://opensource.spotify.com/cefbuilds/index.html are built with _ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL=0?
If they are not (i.e. if _ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL=2), is there a setting that i could change (or a option that i could pass) to make automate-git.py script build CEF Debug libs without debug iterators?

Thank you.
codelimit
Techie

Re: Debug build settings

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:37 pm

For compatibility with Visual Studio Debug builds the official build of the cef_sandbox.lib target has iterator debugging enabled, meaning that we don't explicitly set _HAS_ITERATOR_DEBUGGING=0 to disable it. The compiler interprets this to mean _ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL=2 for a Debug build (details here).

You can modify the gn_args.py script to not set enable_iterator_debugging=True, and then follow the AutomatedBuildSetup instructions to generate a build and binary distribution with iterator debugging disabled.

Note that iterator debugging configuration is only relevant for the cef_sandbox.lib target which is a C++ lib distributed as a binary for linking with third-party applications.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby codelimit » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:46 am

Note that iterator debugging configuration is only relevant for the cef_sandbox.lib target which is a C++ lib distributed as a binary for linking with third-party applications.

Sorry, forgot to say, but I am not going to use sandbox.

From what you said I understand cef_sandbox.lib is built without specifiying any iterator debug level (so _ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL=2 is default), and what about Debug version of libcef.dll + libcef.lib?
codelimit
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:54 am

Chromium and CEF (except cef_sandbox.lib) build with iterator debugging disabled.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby codelimit » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:00 am

Thanks a lot, that is what i was looking for.
codelimit
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:44 pm

Iterator debugging for cef_sandbox.lib (Debug builds) will be disabled in https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/cef/issues/3109
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum