FIDO 2 Support

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

FIDO 2 Support

Postby robcerda » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:57 pm

Hi there,

I saw someone else ask a similar question, with different context, so thought i'd start my own thread on this.

There was no indication that CEF currently supports, or is planning to support FIDO 2. Is that the case? At my current company, we're looking to implement a few things that utilize CEF, but would require it have FIDO 2 / CTAP 2 device support.

Could you provide insight into this?

Thanks,
- Rob C.
Last edited by robcerda on Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robcerda

Re: FIDO 2 Support

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:56 pm

The answer is the same. Security keys are not currently supported in CEF. If you would like to implement support a PR is welcome.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: FIDO 2 Support

Postby Slartie » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:09 am

Sorry for pushing this old thread to the top, but as I've recently implemented webauthn/FIDO2 PIN entry support in a custom CEF branch, I thought that this might be interesting to people searching the forum for FIDO2 or webauthn related info.

Besides other points, the PR was not approved for upstreaming because of inability to test it without specialized hardware (which is something inherent to this feature, so I can't do much about that unfortunately), but customized builds may still want to integrate it in order to gain the ability to supply an embedded browser with a custom PIN entry capability, for example using UI components optimized for touch input (or other runtime-specific user input constraints). It also includes a link to a java-cef PR forwarding the same API to the Java side, so Java applications can take full advantage of webauthn authentication.

The PR is found here: https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... quests/698
Slartie
Techie

Return to Support Forum