Alternative for GeoLocation support

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Alternative for GeoLocation support

Postby bendardenne » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:01 am

Hello everyone,

I understand that Navigator.geolocation support was removed some time ago, following this issue.

Could someone clarify the alternative suggested in the issue comments, i.e. use the google api location services?

Am I wrong in my understanding that this implies javascript-side intervention? When working with third party applications, replacing Navigator.geolocation with something else just isn't always possible or desirable.
Or is there somehow a way, in CEF, to intercept geolocation requests to plug in your own code? Or is the idea that you can monkey-patch Navigator.geolocation with your own implementation which delegates to the Google API?

Thanks in advance for the help.
bendardenne

Re: Alternative for GeoLocation support

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:36 am

Your understanding seems correct.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby bclaycomb » Mon May 10, 2021 8:56 am

Hello,

I was looking at this post (and many others) trying to find a resolution for websites that require geolocation in order to use them, is it possible to do one of these.

1.) Intercept a websites geolocation request and return a static location - If so how might I gain access to this event?
2.) Gain access to the html content of the page prior to it being loaded to inject the navigator.geolocation = fakeGeolocationFunction() - if so how might I gain access to this?
bclaycomb

Postby amaitland » Mon May 10, 2021 5:13 pm

Maintainer of the CefSharp project.
amaitland
Virtuoso

Return to Support Forum