CEF Client Crashing with White Screen On MAC

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

CEF Client Crashing with White Screen On MAC

Postby shivamparmar27 » Sun May 03, 2020 11:02 pm

We have build a Game which is hosted on a server and used CEF Client that calls the server URL to make the Client for MAC and Windows. The version used to build the CEF client was 3.3282.1732.g973997f (as mentioned in the CMAKELISTS file under CEF_VERSION).
Recently after the release of the Catalina version of MAC, the client started to crash with a white screen whenever we open a window with window.open() and navigate within it. Tried debugging it the corresponding version of Chromium Browser, in that also the page crashes with the "aw snap" error.
Also when Mojave version released before this all the radio buttons and checkboxes were not visible so we did a workaround by adding a zoom value in CSS file and it started working.
What could be the cause of the error, is it related to our version of CEF or the code we have written I am not sure how to start debugging(I am very new to CEF and rebuilding the client might not be possible).
On Windows, there is no error and the client works perfectly.
Some direction or suggestion is appreciated.
Thanks
shivamparmar27

Re: CEF Client Crashing with White Screen On MAC

Postby magreenblatt » Mon May 04, 2020 10:58 am

You should update to a supported CEF version.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: CEF Client Crashing with White Screen On MAC

Postby shivamparmar27 » Mon May 04, 2020 10:26 pm

Thanks for the quick reply @magreenblatt, I understand that updating the cef project to the current version will solve the issue but the thing is that the application logic was implemented by cloning the cef-client example project and the changes were made directly in that files so if I update the code base then that would require me to rewrite all that code again, so that's why I was thinking is there any other way that I could resolve this issue.
Also when I tried debugging the code this error was coming every time before the application was crashing.

objc[56562]: couldn't dlopen libobjc-trampolines.dylib: dlopen(/usr/lib/libobjc-trampolines.dylib, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/usr/lib/libobjc-trampolines.dylib: file system sandbox blocked stat()

Could this be of any relevance?

Also, I need to know what is the correct way to separately create an application so that Next time if I do have to update the cef the application logic is separated from the main code of cef

Thanks
shivamparmar27

Return to Support Forum