Error When Running Ceftests in Headless Linux

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Error When Running Ceftests in Headless Linux

Postby arick » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:06 am

Hello,

I recently started working with CEF and as a first action wanted to build and run unit tests with no modifications. I'm using branch 4103 on an Ubuntu 18.04 LTS server image in AWS and am seeing the following when I try to execute ceftests using xvfb-run. I saw no errors while the build was running. I was hoping that there may be someone with some insight on why this may be occurring, and a potential fix. Searching the forums, and the internet at large has as-yet been unfruitful.

cef_error.png
cef_error.png (199.06 KiB) Viewed 2909 times
arick

Re: Error When Running Ceftests in Headless Linux

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:11 am

What GN_DEFINES did you build with? The recommended config is here. You can also try an official binary distribution build.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby arick » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:30 pm

Thank you for the reply.

I hadn't originally been building with GN_DEFINES as it was not in the step-by-step guide, but now when I do I receive a "fatal error: 'gtk/gtk.h' file not found" in several files. As far as I can tell, the gtk dependencies are installed so I'm as of yet unsure why this error is being encountered.
arick

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:40 pm

arick wrote:Thank you for the reply.

I hadn't originally been building with GN_DEFINES as it was not in the step-by-step guide, but now when I do I receive a "fatal error: 'gtk/gtk.h' file not found" in several files. As far as I can tell, the gtk dependencies are installed so I'm as of yet unsure why this error is being encountered.

GTK is not part of the Chromium sysroot environment, so you need to run automate-git.py with `--build-target=cefsimple` or build just the `cefsimple ceftests chrome_sandbox` targets with ninja.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum