How to turn on Widevine?

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

How to turn on Widevine?

Postby junetou » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:10 am

Hello everyone. I want to know how to open Widevine, I called CefRegisterWidevineCdm before CefInitialize and CefRegisterWidevineCdm callback return CEF_CDM_REGISTRATION_ERROR_NONE, but when I tested it at https://bitmovin.com/demos/drm it showed that Widevine is not turned on, I need some help, thank your very much.I run on Mac10.15, cef branch is 3987,widevine version is 4.10.1192.0.
junetou

Re: How to turn on Widevine?

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:20 am

See the CefRegisterWidevineCdm documentation.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby junetou » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:12 pm

magreenblatt wrote:See the CefRegisterWidevineCdm documentation.

Thank you for your reply. After reading the document, I followed the instructions in the document, but I still don't know how to solve the problem. Can you provide some tips? Thank you
junetou

Postby ndesktop » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:47 am

Prepare the manifest, implement CefRegisterCdmCallback, call CefRegisterWidevineCdm and check what is OnCdmRegistrationComplete saying.
There is also an example in tests/cefclient/browser/drm_test.cc.
ndesktop
Expert

Postby junetou » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:37 pm

ndesktop wrote:Prepare the manifest, implement CefRegisterCdmCallback, call CefRegisterWidevineCdm and check what is OnCdmRegistrationComplete saying.
There is also an example in tests/cefclient/browser/drm_test.cc.

I have prepare manifestand,implement CefRegisterCdmCallback,and OnCdmRegistrationComplete say CEF_CDM_REGISTRATION_ERROR_NONE.But when I tested it at https://bitmovin.com/demos/drm it showed that Widevine is not load.
junetou

Return to Support Forum