Message routing question and cefclient sample

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Message routing question and cefclient sample

Postby rdh » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:45 pm

I am looking at cef_message_router.h to try to get messaging working. I have both an EXE that is my broker and another EXE for my subprocess. In the include file, step 5 and step 6 refer to creating an instance of CefMesageRouterRendererSide.
I have implemented everything the include file mentions in the steps for the broker and did so using the cefclient sample that downloaded with the CEF binaries.

But, when I examine the cefclient sample were I see the code for message routing, I don't see any reference to these steps. I searched the cefclient project for "RenderSide" and came up empty. When I step thru code, I don't see anything related to that.

Simple questions. By the "renderer", is that my subprocess I set when initializing CEF or am I making a wrong assumption? Are steps 5 and 6 absolutely necessary? If so, where are they in the cefclent sample/test code?

The debug.log file is full of "Uncaught TypeError: window.cefQuery is not a function" entries when I tried to test my broker side code and I am assuming it is due to the render not yet implementing step 5 and step 6 which I plan on doing asap.
rdh
Techie

Re: Message routing question and cefclient sample

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:57 pm

You can find an example with step-by-step explanations here.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: Message routing question and cefclient sample

Postby rdh » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:22 pm

Er, I seem to have left off two letters when I did a search. I found rendererside when searching with the extra "er" added to "renderside".
rdh
Techie

Return to Support Forum