Linux X11 Mouse event problems

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Linux X11 Mouse event problems

Postby edgardog » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:54 pm

Hi,
I'm using CEF to display some HTML content (something like an email) which has some links on it.
When a user clicks on a link, a popup should be open.. but since the links are not generated by me (content changes), I use the OnBeforeBrowse to detect the link being clicked.. stop the browse in there and spawn a new window (a custom popup) and navigate to the link.
So its not tecnically a popup originated on the HTML code itself.

When I close the popup and go back to the original window (which is being rendered behind the popup while the popup is up).. sometimes.. not always.. the state of the window is like if the mouse is still down (button pressed). The mouse pointer is changed to the hand with finger pointer (same one as when you put the mouse on top of a link).
I can use the mouse scroll to scroll content up and down, but I can't click or select anything on that window again.
Also when I do a LoadURL on that window it does not work. It trigger the OnBeforeBrowse but it dies after that.

Is there any way to capture mouse events at X11 level or some other level?
I want to track down why this happens sometimes.

Is there any way to have the CefClient or Host or Frame to "reset" all input events?

Thanks
edgardog
Expert

Re: Linux X11 Mouse event problems

Postby edgardog » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:55 pm

After bisecting the code up to a point where the problem does not happen, I noticed that the --process-per-site flag seems to be related somehow.
Maybe not, but if I don't use the process-per-site this problem is not as frequent (as in I could not get it to reproduce consistently).
But if I add that flag it seems to happen very frequently.
edgardog
Expert

Re: Linux X11 Mouse event problems

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:59 pm

Note that non-default process models are not tested/supported with CEF.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum