Trying to update an outdated module, that isn't made by me.

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Trying to update an outdated module, that isn't made by me.

Postby Berserker » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:10 am

Hi, I'm trying to update CEFpython, a bridge for Python to access CEF.
Currently the released version only supports CEF 66 and up to Python 3.7, I got it to CEF 75 and Python 3.9.
You can find the fork at https://github.com/Berserker66/cefpython

Anyway, I come from the python side and am not familiar with troubleshooting C++ problems, so I'm in need of some help.

For versions past and including 76, I get these 4 compiler errors:

Code: Select all
C:\PycharmProjects\cefpython\src\common\../../build/build_cefpython/cefpython_py39_fixed.h(88): error C2526: 'RequestHandler_GetCookieManager': C linkage function cannot return C++ class 'scoped_refptr<CefCookieManager>'
C:\PycharmProjects\cefpython\src\include/internal/cef_ptr.h(154): note: see declaration of 'scoped_refptr<CefCookieManager>'
C:\PycharmProjects\cefpython\src\common\../../build/build_cefpython/cefpython_py39_fixed.h(90): error C2065: 'CefWebPluginInfo': undeclared identifier
C:\PycharmProjects\cefpython\src\common\../../build/build_cefpython/cefpython_py39_fixed.h(90): error C2923: 'CefRefPtr': 'CefWebPluginInfo' is not a valid template type argument for parameter 'T'

It appears to remain at those 4 errors all the way up to current, so that's a bit encouraging.

Any pointers to help fix this would be appreciated. If more info is needed I should be able to supply that.
Berserker

Return to Support Forum