Slight stutter on first page load

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Slight stutter on first page load

Postby Devyre » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:48 pm

Hello,

I noticed that my CEF Client slightly stutters on the initial page load of a website I am trying to render.
The problem about it, is that my webpage has a starting animation and it stuttering slightly does not look very good.

I was able to find a workaround by waiting for OnLoadEnd to tell me that the page load is complete and then refreshing the page.
I needed to refresh the page 1 second after OnLoadEnd was called though, not instantly - otherwise it still stutters.
Then, on the second time OnLoadEnd is called, I start rendering and it does not stutter.

Also, maybe important to note, if I don't reload the page, but instead use a different URL as the first load and then on the second load my actual page, it still stutters. I thought maybe caching would solve this, but specifying settings.cache_path did not help the stutter (while it did generate a cache folder with contents).

**All of this is also the case using the most recent CEFClient with and without OSR. The first time loading my page in Chrome, it had stutter and ever since then no stutter, even after clearing all browsing data and trying incognito.

This is printed to the console on the first page load, may be relevant:
[1129/232056.044:WARNING:angle_platform_impl.cc(48)] compileToBinary(257):
C:\fakepath(116,1-13): warning X3557: loop only executes for 1 iteration(s), forcing loop to unroll
C:\fakepath(111,1-13): warning X3557: loop only executes for 1 iteration(s), forcing loop to unroll

Is there a better way to fix this?
Devyre
Techie

Re: Slight stutter on first page load

Postby Devyre » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:03 am

After testing a few things, it looks like --disable-gpu and --disable-gpu-compositing removes the stutter. This is not an optimal solution for me though.
It also somehow affects the color dynamic - gradients have hardcuts and drop shadows look a bit off.
Devyre
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:30 am

Perhaps your GPU process is crashing at the beginning? Check your log files, or try running with a debugger attached. See https://chromium.googlesource.com/chrom ... PU-Process
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby Devyre » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:20 am

The log file has no warnings, no errors. GPU process seems fine. I will look into gpu debugging as soon as possible
Devyre
Techie

Postby Devyre » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:47 pm

Seems like this is caused by a somewhat large svg
Devyre
Techie

Return to Support Forum