PC crashes when running cefclient

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

PC crashes when running cefclient

Postby soellerich » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:31 am

Hi,

this one is a bit strange as only one (of about 600) of our customers has reported this issue:
On a Windows pc of a customer cefclient.exe eats up all RAM and goes to 100% CPU usage within 2 or 3 seconds. The PC then locks up completely and has to be restarted. If you are fast enough, you can kill the cefclient process within task manager to prevent rebooting.

cefclient version: cef_binary_85.3.12+g3e94ebf+chromium-85.0.4183.121_windows64_client

We tried starting with:
cefclient.exe --multi-threaded-message-loop --no-sandbox --disable-site-isolation-trials --log-severity=info

In generated debug.log only one row appears:
[1204/113156.131:WARNING:gpu_process_host.cc(1256)] The GPU process has crashed 1 time(s)

Side notes:
- The PC runs in a citrix environment. Further details are a bit sparse because it is the PC of a customer and we have limited access to it (but we can schedule appointments for some testing).
- As the error seems GPU related, some driver informations were collected:
-- Citrix Indirect Display Adapter: Driver vendor: Citrix Systems Inc.; Driver Date: 23.01.2019; Driver Version: 12.40.44.247
-- Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620: Driver Vendor: Intel Corporation; Driver date: 25.02.2020; Driver Version: 26.20.100.7926

What can we do to investigate (or even better: solve) this crashing issue?
soellerich

Re: PC crashes when running cefclient

Postby Marschos » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:29 am

Hi!

I think I have the same issue and I opened a issue(https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/cef/issues/3066/starting-cef-takes-lots-of-cpu-and) on bitbucket and referenced this topic.

Maybe you have not seen this post: https://www.magpcss.org/ceforum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17996
It does seem similar to our issue and maybe the workaround works for you.
Marschos

Return to Support Forum