List of command line arguements documenation?

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

List of command line arguements documenation?

Postby rdh » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:57 pm

I'm looking for some "official" list of command line args and their formats. For example, I have found "--window-size" and sample code that uses "1024x1080". But, I found this link https://peter.sh/experiments/chromium-c ... -switches/
and it shows the format for window-size as "800,600". So, which do I believe? I actually want to set the window size as we have crashes in cef on some machines and I found "ContextResult::kTransientFailure: Failed to send GpuChannelMsg_CreateCommandBuffer" in the log file and searching led to at least one post that said cef could crash in some builds if the window size is 0x0.

I also found in the above link a "--crash-test". The link doesn't give much of an explanation for a number of switches. I added (on Windows) "/crash-test" via command_line->AppendSwitch( L"/crashtest"). When I run, my app doesn't crash in cef nor does the cef subprocess I use crash. So, I don't know whether the link I found is really any good or not.
rdh
Techie

Re: List of command line arguements documenation?

Postby Czarek » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:09 pm

You can search for switch on https://cs.chromium.org . For --window-size search for kWindowSize (prepend with k and camel case it). First result shows ozone demo which uses "0x0" format while Chromium core expects "0,0" format for the switch, so yeah it may be confusing.
Maintainer of the CEF Python, PHP Desktop and CEF C API projects. My LinkedIn.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Postby ndesktop » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:12 pm

Yes, --window-size it is.
ndesktop
Master

Postby Czarek » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:25 pm

The --crash-test flag seems to be for when running with debugger.
Maintainer of the CEF Python, PHP Desktop and CEF C API projects. My LinkedIn.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Return to Support Forum