fatal error: 'atldef.h' file not found

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Re: fatal error: 'atldef.h' file not found

Postby alextusinean » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:33 pm

ndesktop wrote:
alextusinean wrote:Oh and also, I've just noticed that my VS 2017 BuildTools installation's include directories are used. Shouldn't VS 2019 ones be used?

That's what I said myself. Try to use the environment variables from the previous post explicitly, then rerun the automate script or whatever batch/shell script you are using.
Maybe it's because you are not using Windows SDK from a default location, I'm not sure - you can modify temporarily the vs toolchain script from src/build/ to check if there is not some arcane error you are overlooking.

As I've said, I've tried setting those environment variables, but nothing changed.
alextusinean
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:45 pm

The WIndows SDK needs to be installed and discoverable in the registry. If it's not, see here for an alternative approach.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby alextusinean » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:43 am

Fortunately, I finally figured it out. This is what I did:
1. Uninstalled Visual Studio 2017 Build Tools
2. Ran update.bat (the script that runs automate-git.py) again
3. Set the GYP_MSVS_VERSION to the Visual Studio version (2019 in my case) in the create.bat script
Code: Select all
set GYP_MSVS_VERSION=2019

4. Ran create.bat

Then, trying to build again, it works! Although my build didn't finish yet, the files that caused the 'atldef.h file not found' error were successfully compiled. Thank you all!
alextusinean
Techie

Previous

Return to Support Forum