Windows+GTK: browser not visible in a borderless window

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Re: Windows+GTK: browser not visible in a borderless window

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:19 pm

Does is help if you run "cefclient --off-screen-rendering-enabled --enable-gpu"?

What kind of GPU do you have? Are your drivers up to date?

What is the output of about:gpu in cefclient (non-OSR so you can see it) or Google Chrome?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: Windows+GTK: browser not visible in a borderless window

Postby Peter » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:43 am

Oops, I just realized that I edited my comment on the previous page before seeing that you already replied here :oops:

> ...update: finally, I've been able to find another Windows-10 machine, where OSR mode works, so there might have been some OpenGL-specific issues with my hardware :| Still, I am quite interested in intercepting the browser window content & copying it as a bitmap, could you give any advice on that?

magreenblatt wrote:Does is help if you run "cefclient --off-screen-rendering-enabled --enable-gpu"?

What kind of GPU do you have? Are your drivers up to date?

This was a pretty old laptop, barely running Windows 10 - in fact it stopped updating about 2 major versions ago... Never had any GPU-related problems there though, so this one was a bit surprising. By the way, --enable-gpu did not help either.

Anyway, I switched to a less outdated machine, and still hope to use an OSR browser window as a workaround for my GTK problem by copying it to a GTK image every N milliseconds - only problem I'm getting lost pretty quickly in all that jumping between processes and Chromium and OpenGL code... Perhaps you could point me to the right direction in the code, or in the CEF or Chromium docs?
Peter
Techie

Previous

Return to Support Forum