Window C++ Application hangs

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Window C++ Application hangs

Postby Neo » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:28 pm

Hi,

I'm having a window application (C++ based) running and a renderer process running from a window palette.

Now whenever I invoked a process request and switch the windows between palette and main window, the application hangs.

It is hanging at the std::condition_variable wait event and I'm not able to receive the CefURLRequestClient::OnRequestComplete function call in this case.

In the CefURLRequestClient::Execute function, i'm executing on the browser IO thread using CefPostTask on TID_IO if not execute on this thread.

If I don't switch the windows while the request is in process then everything works fine.

Need pointers to resolve this issue.

Thanks
Neo

Re: Window C++ Application hangs

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:53 pm

Are you blocking a thread while reparenting the window?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: Window C++ Application hangs

Postby Neo » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:31 am

No I'm not blocking the thread explicitly. Could there be any other reasons also which I can look for in my code ?

The hangs issue also comes when I try to debug the code in Visual Studio by invoking a rest request through CefURLRequest::Create using CefPostTask on TID_IO.

As soon as the breakpoint comes then I get the hang at the std::condition_variable wait event and I'm not able to receive the CefURLRequestClient::OnRequestComplete function call.

I need other possibilities for this issue so I can try fix to this issue.
Neo

Return to Support Forum