Need a list of Chromium Source code Dependencies

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Need a list of Chromium Source code Dependencies

Postby Dhvaj17 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:13 am

Hi All,

I need to build Cef source code with proprietary codec enabled i.e. to support Mp4 videos.
I am able to build the source code on my local machine with the steps mentioned below
https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... ckStart.md

now, i need to build the same in my company. It had a lot of restrictions, so i am unable to run automate-git.py script.

I am thinking to to somehow download the cef and chromium source code manually and then trigger the build with Ninja.

I am able to download the cef source code from github and its size is same as the one downloaded by automate-git.py script but for the chromium source there is huge difference.

I downloaded the chromium source code from github mirror link of chromium source code,its size is around 3 Gb whereas the one downloaded from the script is around 48gb.

Can Someone help or advice me ,what would we be the correct way to download & build the code where there is lot of restriction to run any scripts?
Dhvaj17
Techie

Re: Need a list of Chromium Source code Dependencies

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:54 am

You can download Chromium source archives from here at the associated/required version and combine it with the CEF source download to create the correct directory structure. You'll likely have to make changes to the Chromium tooling to get the rest working without network access.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby Dhvaj17 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:20 am

magreenblatt wrote:You can download Chromium source archives from here at the associated/required version and combine it with the CEF source download to create the correct directory structure. You'll likely have to make changes to the Chromium tooling to get the rest working without network access.

thanks for the quick reply. Much appreciated.
I need to download this chromium version
chromium-86.0.4240.198

I can see 6 links available there to download. Which one should i use?

chromium-86.0.4240.198-lite.tar.xz
chromium-86.0.4240.198-lite.tar.xz.hashes
chromium-86.0.4240.198-nacl.tar.xz
chromium-86.0.4240.198-nacl.tar.xz.hashes
chromium-86.0.4240.198.tar.xz
chromium-86.0.4240.198.tar.xz.hashes

Also it will be helpfull ,if you let me know which chromium tool i need to do modify to perform the build and where this chromium tool are located?
Is it under cef folder - "cef/tools/" ?
Dhvaj17
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:59 am

I believe you want chromium-86.0.4240.198.tar.xz. As for the rest, you will need to figure it out yourself since that manner of building is not supported.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum