external message pump and mouse events

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

external message pump and mouse events

Postby G0apher » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:00 am

I am updating the CEF version in the application from 3.3497.1841 to the recent 87.1.13. The application uses an external message pump to call CefDoMessageLoopWork. One of the key differences I am noticing is that the CefBrowserProcessHandler::OnScheduleMessagePumpWork() is not getting called in response to mouse events (fired from the NSApplication<CefAppProtocol>::sendEvent handler (within the scope of a CefScopedSendingEvent). The same is getting called for key up/down events. Also, the delay is always 0 or INT_MAX - as the event handler only fires for timer expired events. With the earlier CEF version, the browser process handler callbacks were called in response to mouse events as well with negative delay_ms - causing the schedule message loop to be called immediately.

Has there been any change in how the browser process is handling mouse events? Should the callbacks for message loop work include the negative delay_ms values? If anybody knows about any changes in this area, kindly let me know. Thanks!
G0apher
Techie

Re: external message pump and mouse events

Postby G0apher » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:07 am

Has there been any change in the callbacks made on the CefBrowserProcessHandler::OnScheduleMessagePump() when using the external_message_pump option? I am observing that the calls are not made in response to mouse events anymore.

Thanks for any references to any changes in that workflow.
G0apher
Techie

Return to Support Forum