Can't login to websites

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Can't login to websites

Postby SquezyLemonCake » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:44 pm

Hi, I can't seem to login to websites, been trying to solve this issue for hours with no luck. I'm using CefSimple as a base for my project. I can input all the details like username, and password, but when I login then I get an error from the site telling me I can't login, like one of the sites says this "Something went wrong (signin_denied)". I also tried login with google, and I also get access denied.
I already tried to change the user-agent, but no luck.

Any ideas how to solve this? If you need more info, please tell.
SquezyLemonCake

Re: Can't login to websites

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:51 pm

What websites? For Google login see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16764
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby SquezyLemonCake » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:25 am

magreenblatt wrote:What websites? For Google login see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16764

Soundcloud is one of the sites that I can't login (even the normal login without google) to. I can login Amazon though, as well as a few other sites I tried.
SquezyLemonCake

Postby HarmlessDave » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:40 pm

If you right-click in the browser area, you can select Show Dev Tools to open the equivalent of Google Chrome's F12 key. Do that before logging in and you can look for console messages and compare the cookies and network traffic with Google Chrome. (If show dev tools isn't there for CefSimple then use CefClient instead.)

One thing some sites might be doing is checking the User-Agent, but that's just guessing.
HarmlessDave
Expert

Return to Support Forum