Handling Windows Security Popup

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Handling Windows Security Popup

Postby diveecco63 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:56 pm

We are using a WPF application that hosts a variety of Chromium browsers which display backend web pages. In one instance, it's an SSO navigation point, that when the user tries to navigate to the url from within our app, we are not handling the security notification and allowing Windows to pop up the security dialog it normally throws up to log into the specific domain: (Attached png of the dialog I am talking about).

I tried adding a dialoghandler but that does not appear to be the right thing to do. Doesn't seem to get hit OnFileDialog process which makes sense since that seems to be targeted at file selection, which is not this.

There is nothing coming in via JavaScript messaging either - and guidance would be appreciated.
Attachments
Security Dialog.png
Security Dialog.png (9.84 KiB) Viewed 1931 times
diveecco63

Re: Handling Windows Security Popup

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:30 pm

What are you trying to do? This dialog is displayed by the OS, so there won't be a CEF/Chromium handler for it.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: Handling Windows Security Popup

Postby diveecco63 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:53 pm

So right now the browser is encapsulated in a WPF window- and we are navigating to a SSO site via Zoom's native login mechanism. I have a feeling the "auth request" that launches that dialog is being swallowed by the app, but I'm not sure how to detect that it's even being thrown. If you take the URL we navigate to out of the browser and just put it in edge/chrome whatever, works as expected. Could it be as simple as having popups blocked? Is there a setting to allow popups or disallow? Is that even a potential cause?
diveecco63

Return to Support Forum