Memory leak?

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Memory leak?

Postby andornot » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:18 am

Now i'm referring to the cefclient test code and use it in MFC.
We created and tested the code which is the same as the Javascript Binding Test, but there is a remaining question. Please refer to below.

First, i created ClientHandler instance in the dialog, call CefBrowser::CreateBrowser, and create the browser. And after we repeatedly created and closed the dialog, i found the memory leak occurs. (cef version : rev149)

We printed the reference count (in the ClientV8FunctionHandler object allocated by InitBindingTest function) in HandleBeforeWindowClose. Then it is marked as being used, And only when we called CefShutdown() while closing the program, the reference count began to decrease.

Is it necessary to clear the certain object in CEF when we close the dialog?
andornot

Re: Memory leak?

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:11 am

The JavaScript engine will keep references to ClientV8FunctionHandler objects that may not be released until garbage collection is performed or the application exits. Are you releasing all references to all CEF objects held by your application?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby andornot » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:59 am

I don't keep any references of CEF object.

This is my test code. Please refer this source code. (for VS 2005)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/199741/CEFTest.zip
andornot

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:01 pm

Unfortunately I don't have time to debug third-party applications. If you feel there is an error in CEF please describe the error condition in detail, including a method to reproduce the error using the cefclient application. See viewtopic.php?f=7&t=188 for additional information on memory leaks.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum