Both Alloy and Chrome browsers in the same process

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Both Alloy and Chrome browsers in the same process

Postby riku » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:38 am

I'm working on an application that has a number of OSR mode browsers running with the Alloy runtime. Additionally the application occasionally requires opening at most one browser window at a time that doesn't need to be in OSR mode, and in fact I would like to use Chrome runtime to get some features from there. Now it seems that the architecture doesn't really allow this, there's just one BrowserProcess and one CefMainRunnerDelegate.

I'm still just planning and investigating different options, perhaps I could just spawn a new process and work around the problem like that, but if that is inconvenient, I wonder if there is a fundamental reason why using both Alloy and Chrome runtimes at the same would not work, if I would just restructure the code a bit? Or perhaps it could be easier to add OSR support to Chrome runtime?
riku
Techie

Re: Both Alloy and Chrome browsers in the same process

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:25 am

The Alloy and Chrome runtimes are mutually exclusive in the same process. OSR support may eventually be added to the Chrome runtime.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum