Detecting type of DOM element under mouse

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Re: Detecting type of DOM element under mouse

Postby KatrinaS » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:19 pm

I personally use a Scheme (that way things are no different than submitting a Form) but ...

https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... gration.md
KatrinaS
Mentor

Postby cybersight » Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:18 pm

KatrinaS wrote:I personally use a Scheme (that way things are no different than submitting a Form) but ...

https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... gration.md

Thanks. Looks like I can get pretty close to the ideal solution, one line of JavaScript with a native callback for pushing mouseover information to the browser process. Nice.

I'm still baffled why anyone would want to use JavaScript to create custom controls. Being able to create custom browser controls in my language of choice is the whole reason I'm using CEF.
cybersight
Techie

Postby KatrinaS » Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:56 pm

Thanks. Looks like I can get pretty close to the ideal solution, one line of JavaScript with a native callback for pushing mouseover information to the browser process. Nice.

Exactly that, and any / all the information you need can be included in any Query for you to act on, even Binary data, yes absolutely all the things :D

Creating controls in CSS / HTML / JavaScript is a total rolled into one solution, they can have effectively unlimited types of effects and contents, Graphs, Knobs, Dials, Switches etc can all be included and interacted with just adding a relatively few lines of code, and you can use any of a multitude of predefined widget Libraries etc. V8 is a really nice thing, I'm jealous of it tbh :lol:
KatrinaS
Mentor

Previous

Return to Support Forum