Nice job, question about persistence and backspace

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Nice job, question about persistence and backspace

Postby jriver » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:33 pm

First, amazing work on CEF. We're working to switch to CEF at jriver.com due to problems with Microsoft's IE 9 RC (it crashes our software, which has worked fine with all previous versions of IE). Kudos.

I need help on a couple things. First, user data persistance:
http://code.google.com/p/chromiumembedd ... ail?id=193

Secondly, I'm wondering if there's some way to know if the focused element in the WebHostView window wants the VK_BACK (backspace) key? Normally we would issue a back command on backspace unless an editable control (Google search box, for example) has the focus. However, I haven't been able to figure out how know with CEF. With the IE control, we would simply check if the focused window was of the class WC_EDIT.

Thanks for any help, and again, great work.
jriver

Re: Nice job, question about persistence and backspace

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:09 pm

Hi,

First, amazing work on CEF.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it :-).

I need help on a couple things. First, user data persistance:

This is a good starter bug for someone seeking to gain familiarity with the CEF/Chromium architecture. The bug report gives some suggestions on where to start with the implementation. I would be happy to answer any questions the implementer might have and to review any patches.

Secondly, I'm wondering if there's some way to know if the focused element in the WebHostView window wants the VK_BACK (backspace) key?

The CefHandler::HandleKeyEvent method should only be called for the backspace key if the focused control doesn't want it. So you should be able to use that method for the purpose you mention.

Regards,
Marshall
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum