Need help Regarding two use cases.

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Need help Regarding two use cases.

Postby applegrew » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:20 pm

Hi,

I have the following two usecases which I need to achieve in CEF:-
1) I need to intercept the HTTP packets sent to CEF and sent from CEF; i.e. the HTTP requests and responses, so that my program can analyze and modify them on the fly.
2) I need to intercept mouse clicks and keyboard events sent to CEF and should be able to modify them. For example, say, whenever the user clicks on a particular HTML link, before that is sent to Javascript, I may want that click to change to shift+click combination.
applegrew

Re: Need help Regarding two use cases.

Postby applegrew » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:23 pm

To think of it. The above usecases are not exactly what I want. Please refer to my post on stackoverflow at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5198200/can-you-suggest-any-embeddable-javascript-engine.

So my question now should be, is there any way I can embed only V8 into my code using CEF and have control over it as enlisted on my stackoverflow post? Maybe this would require an open heart surgery but is there a way?
applegrew

Re: Need help Regarding two use cases.

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:33 pm

Your post on stackoverflow sounds like something that could be done with CEF. See my response to your previous post for information on how to get started using CEF.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum