tmp directories scoped_dir

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

tmp directories scoped_dir

Postby Steppenwolf » Thu May 26, 2011 4:03 am

Hi all,
i'm using cef231 revision and have some problems with tmp directories. CEF creates unique tmp dirs named "scoped_dir1234" which are empty.
I have inquired that is has nothing to do with CACHEPATH variable, which ist empty. CEF creates 4 unique tmp dirs after appication start and
sometimes they weren't deleted after closing the application.
Is there any way to disable the creation of this directories?
Thanks in advance.

Thomas
Steppenwolf

Re: tmp directories scoped_dir

Postby magreenblatt » Thu May 26, 2011 9:52 am

Hi Thomas,

The "scoped_dir" directories are created by the call to ScopedTempDir::CreateUniqueTempDir() and are used as temporary directories for HTML5 features like database system, file system and application cache. They should be deleted when the application exits cleanly. If the application crashes or is terminated by the debugger then these directories can be left behind.

Regards,
Marshall
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby Steppenwolf » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:50 am

Hi Marshall,
is there any possibility to disable tempdir creation?
A really unsecure hack is to delete all scope_dir manually before shutting down application. I think this could raise some confict, if the user is running chrome browser too.

Thanks in advance
Thomas
Steppenwolf

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:00 am

Steppenwolf wrote:Hi Marshall,
is there any possibility to disable tempdir creation?
A really unsecure hack is to delete all scope_dir manually before shutting down application. I think this could raise some confict, if the user is running chrome browser too.

Thanks in advance
Thomas

It could be possible to disable the HTML5 features that require a scoped_dir, but it is not possible to support these features as currently designed without creating a scoped_dir.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby cagret » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:32 am

Even when you disable all html5 features these scoped_dirs are still being created.

I've noticted hundreds of these directories in my TEMP. I have a funcion called ErrorMessage() that terminates the application immadiately using exit() and displays a message box with details about the error, that is probably why these scoped_dirs were not cleaned up.
cagret
Techie

Return to Support Forum