cef3, single-process mode, cleaning up at the wrong time?

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Re: cef3, single-process mode, cleaning up at the wrong time

Postby edwinyzh » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:40 am

magreenblatt wrote:
edwinyzh wrote:Yes, I was using cef1 and it's very stable, but I thought cef3 is the new cef and cef1 is (or will be) out of date. So here are you suggesting that cef1 will be kept updating like cef3 in the future?

There are no plans currently to end support for CEF1. If you want stable single-process mode at this time it is better to use CEF1 instead of CEF3. You may eventually want to port your application to CEF3 multi-process mode in order to take advantage of the stability, security, performance and feature improvements.

Thanks for your clarification, this helpful for me to make a decision! I think I'll have to go for multi-process mode.
edwinyzh
Techie

Re: cef3, single-process mode, cleaning up at the wrong time

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:31 pm

edwinyzh wrote:I'm using cef3 in single-process mode (for some good reasons), I found that if my program end all existing browser instances, then all newly created browser instances will stop working - no websites or strings can be loaded anymore.

This should now be fixed in CEF3 1364 branch and trunk with revision 1079 (http://code.google.com/p/chromiumembedd ... ail?id=570).
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Support Forum