Thanks!

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Thanks!

Postby jerryevans » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:11 pm

Up and running with CEF/MFC/VS2008.
Marvellous
</gush>

Jerru
jerryevans
Techie

Re: Thanks!

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:53 pm

Glad to hear it :-) Are you going to write a CEF/MFC tutorial?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby jerryevans » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:49 am

Hello Marshall

Definitely. Yes. I was considering posting @codeproject.com. Does that work for you?

Incidentally CEF is an extremely neat way to get Silverlight to work as a proper desktop app :)

One question which I was about to post to chromium-dev. Is there any documented way to get a source snapshot *after* all of the auto-generated Python/JS/IDL files have been created. I suspect it would greatly accelerate take-up if a VS tarball could be created that avoided all of the Cygwin/Google Tools dependency chain - in addition to making for a much smaller download. Obviously said step would be run as part of the standard build so it would keep in sync with Trunk. The other plus would be to have a complete project which could simply be added to existing code which was as streamlined as possible, i.e. no tool or test building.

TVM

Jerry
jerryevans
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:10 am

Hi Jerry,

I was considering posting @codeproject.com. Does that work for you?

Whatever is easiest for you is fine with me.

Is there any documented way to get a source snapshot *after* all of the auto-generated Python/JS/IDL files have been created.

Not that I'm aware of. The generated files are intermixed with object files in the Debug\obj directory so this would likely be rather messy.

I suspect it would greatly accelerate take-up if a VS tarball could be created that avoided all of the Cygwin/Google Tools dependency chain - in addition to making for a much smaller download.

Adding the depot_tools directory (google tool-chain) to an archive containing the source code along with a few top-level batch scripts that automate the build process would likely cause less headache then adding all of the generated files. I'm sure there will come a time when we want to ask the user some questions about which features to enable in the source code as part of the project generation process. Generated file size will also become more of an issue once Chromium (and CEF) fully support more operating systems with both 32bit and 64bit targets.

Regards,
Marshall
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby jerryevans » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:20 pm

Marshall

Let me know if there are specific issues you'd like to see addressed. I will assemble a simple MFC SDI app with CEF/ navigation / printing etc. It will be a VS2008 project however ...

I'll leave the question of the generated files aside for the moment.

Regards,

Jerry
jerryevans
Techie

Postby pulkit » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:44 pm

Jerry,
Did you ever get a chance to post one?

- Pulkit
pulkit
Techie

Return to Support Forum