Transparent window background

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Transparent window background

Postby gtdomeski » Wed May 02, 2012 10:27 am

I am trying to setup my browser window to be transparent so that it if i load a transparent html page with a transparent background the desktop is visible. I have searched through the forum and found some information regarding this but not enough to actually help me implement it. I am pretty new to CEF. The question I have, is it possible to make a call when creating the browser window using

Code: Select all
CefBroswerHost :: CreateBrowser(/*params*/)

and have that windows background set to transparent. I also understand that the Aero Glass theme should be set as well. Hopefully there is an easier solution then going in and updating webkit to do what I want.

Thanks in advance
gtdomeski
Techie

Re: Transparent window background

Postby magreenblatt » Wed May 02, 2012 2:20 pm

Sounds like you're using Windows. You have a few options:

1. Use off-screen rendering and create/manage drawing and input events yourself. See the "Transparent Off-Screen Rendering Example" example in cefclient.

2. Use Aero Glass effects or layered windows. See the "Transparent Popup Window" example in cefclient.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby gtdomeski » Tue May 08, 2012 9:14 am

magreenblatt wrote:Sounds like you're using Windows. You have a few options:

1. Use off-screen rendering and create/manage drawing and input events yourself. See the "Transparent Off-Screen Rendering Example" example in cefclient.

2. Use Aero Glass effects or layered windows. See the "Transparent Popup Window" example in cefclient.

I can't seem to find the Transparent Popup Window" example in cefclient. Could you tell me where it is located?
gtdomeski
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Tue May 08, 2012 9:42 am

gtdomeski wrote:I can't seem to find the Transparent Popup Window" example in cefclient. Could you tell me where it is located?

From the Tests menu.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby yosoymin » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:17 am

I've found a way this is possible using views framework and a simple modification in CEF code. This is working in Windows and Linux. More info in this thread: https://www.magpcss.org/ceforum/viewtop ... =8&t=17421
yosoymin
Techie

Postby HarmlessDave » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:37 pm

yosoymin wrote:I've found a way this is possible using views framework and a simple modification in CEF code. This is working in Windows and Linux. More info in this thread: https://www.magpcss.org/ceforum/viewtop ... =8&t=17421

It's good that you want to help, but posting this to an 8 year old topic in addition to all of the other topics you could find mentioning transparency just clutters up the forum. You only needed to add it to the most recent or most relevant topic.
HarmlessDave
Expert

Return to Support Forum