How to Enable Media Stream (WebRTC)

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

How to Enable Media Stream (WebRTC)

Postby KnightsErrand » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:54 am

I see that CEF seems to have all the functionality present for the webcam to work. I'm not sure how to enable this functionality, though. There is a conditional check #if ENABLE(MEDIA_STREAM) but I don't see where MEDIA_STREAM is set. It appears that this is a runtime variable.

1.) Has the WebRTC functionality been implemented in the embedded framework?

2.) If it's even partially available, how do I enable it?
KnightsErrand

Re: How to Enable Media Stream (WebRTC)

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:56 pm

WebKit features are enabled in third_party/WebKit/Source/WebKit/chromium/features.gypi.

WebRTC likely requires browser-side code that is not currently implemented in CEF.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby KnightsErrand » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:27 pm

I see that ENABLE_MEDIA_STREAM is set to true, and it's successfully calling some internal functions, for example, webkitGetUserMedia in the Navigator class is called by the V8Navigator. It cycles through without errors. I'm just not seeing any image coming from my webcam.
KnightsErrand

Postby KnightsErrand » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:44 pm

I'm looking at the latest Chromium source and it appears that the functionality in these media source files has been extended quite a bit. I'm going to run a diff on some of them and see if merging changes in the relevant files will get this working.
KnightsErrand

Return to Support Forum