Looking to hire someone to help with CEF3 xcode integration

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Looking to hire someone to help with CEF3 xcode integration

Postby weszoomedu » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:24 pm

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I'm looking to hire a CEF expert to help integrate CEF into my existing xcode project.

I have run into several problems trying to get CEF3 integrated into my existing xcode project, and worry that I don't have enough time to go through the bugs one-by-one myself even with the help of this forum, so I was hoping to hire someone to help. We can pay a very competitive hourly rate for an expert in this area, open to any offers that will help get this done fast.

Here are some details:

We have an existing xcode project that we need CEF3 integrated with.
Deadline is ASAP, ideally less than 4 days.
We need to use xcode 10 (not 11).
We want to be able to have multiple views in the app with browsers in each, all running at the same time, while also allowing the rest of the app to run without being blocked.
We need webrtc support enabled so we can use peer to peer video conferencing inside the browsers.

Is there anyone who is able to do this for us? Message me if you can help, thanks.

In the meantime, I'll ask about a couple bugs that have got me stuck. I've tried integrating CEF into our app and I've also tried integrating our code into the CEF sample app. Both ways have eventually led me to errors that I can't find my way past. The first has led me to an error where the app prints out "The GPU process has crashed X time(s)" about 10 times and then crashes. The second way has led me to a bug where calling CefDoMessageLoopWork works sometimes but will seemingly randomly block all of our NSTimer calls. Triggering CefDoMessageLoopWork in some other way such as on a user click, suddenly clears the block and starts all the timers back up. Has anyone run into these issues?

Thanks
weszoomedu

Re: Looking to hire someone to help with CEF3 xcode integrat

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:17 pm

The GPU error could mean that you didn’t set up the helper processes properly. See here for details.

It’s best to integrate the message loop using CrApplication as shown in the sample apps.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: Looking to hire someone to help with CEF3 xcode integrat

Postby weszoomedu » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:25 am

Thanks. You're right, I didn't set that up correctly.
weszoomedu

Return to Support Forum