Build 4389 Error (resolved)

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Build 4389 Error (resolved)

Postby AMakarov » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:25 am

Hi!
Im trying to build 4389 on Win10x64+ Py 2.7.17 + VS2017, but it constantly crashes with error:

Generating CEF buildinfo header file...
File include/cef_config.h is already up to date.
--> c:\cef\4389\chromium\src\out\Release_GN_x64\args.gn contents:
chrome_pgo_phase=0
clang_use_chrome_plugins=false
enable_background_mode=false
enable_basic_printing=true
enable_nacl=false
enable_print_preview=true
enable_resource_allowlist_generation=false
enable_widevine=true
ffmpeg_branding="Chrome"
forbid_non_component_debug_builds=false
is_component_build=false
is_debug=false
is_official_build=true
optimize_webui=true
proprietary_codecs=true
target_cpu="x64"
-------- Running "ninja -C out\Release_GN_x64 cefclient" in "c:\cef\4389\chromium\src"...
ninja: Entering directory `out\Release_GN_x64'
[5993/47028] ACTION //third_party/devtools-frontend/src/test/conductor:implementation(//build/toolchain/win:win_clang_x64)
FAILED: gen/third_party/devtools-frontend/src/test/conductor/implementation-tsconfig.json gen/third_party/devtools-frontend/src/test/conductor/implementation-tsconfig.json.tsbuildinfo gen/third_party/devtools-frontend/src/test/conductor/custom-query-handlers.js gen/third_party/devtools-frontend/src/test/conductor/custom-query-handlers.js.map gen/third_party/devtools-frontend/src/test/conductor/custom-query-handlers.d.ts gen/third_party/devtools-frontend/src/test/conductor/hooks.js gen/third_party/devtools-frontend/src/test/conductor/hooks.js.map gen/third_party/devtools-frontend/src/test/conductor/hooks.d.ts gen/third_party/devtools-frontend/src/test/conductor/mocha_hooks.js gen/third_party/devtools-frontend/src/test/conductor/mocha_hooks.js.map gen/third_party/devtools-frontend/src/test/conductor/mocha_hooks.d.ts gen/third_party/devtools-frontend/src/test/conductor/puppeteer-state.js gen/third_party/devtools-frontend/src/test/conductor/puppeteer-state.js.map gen/third_party/devtools-frontend/src/test/conductor/puppeteer-state.d.ts gen/third_party/devtools-frontend/src/test/conductor/test_server.js gen/third_party/devtools-frontend/src/test/conductor/test_server.js.map gen/third_party/devtools-frontend/src/test/conductor/test_server.d.ts
c:/CEF/4389/depot_tools/bootstrap-3_8_0_chromium_8_bin/python/bin/python.exe ../../third_party/devtools-frontend/src/third_party/typescript/ts_library.py --tsconfig_output_location gen/third_party/devtools-frontend/src/test/conductor/implementation-tsconfig.json --front_end_directory ../../third_party/devtools-frontend/src/test/conductor --test-only --module=commonjs --sources ../../third_party/devtools-frontend/src/test/conductor/custom-query-handlers.ts ../../third_party/devtools-frontend/src/test/conductor/hooks.ts ../../third_party/devtools-frontend/src/test/conductor/mocha_hooks.ts ../../third_party/devtools-frontend/src/test/conductor/puppeteer-state.ts ../../third_party/devtools-frontend/src/test/conductor/test_server.ts

TypeScript compilation failed. Used tsconfig gen/third_party/devtools-frontend/src/test/conductor/implementation-tsconfig.json

error TS1149: File name 'C:/CEF/4389/chromium/src/third_party/devtools-frontend/src/node_modules/@types/filesystem/index.d.ts' differs from already included file name 'c:/cef/4389/chromium/src/third_party/devtools-frontend/src/node_modules/@types/filesystem/index.d.ts' only in casing.
The file is in the program because:
Part of 'files' list in tsconfig.json
Entry point for implicit type library 'filesystem' with packageId '@types/filesystem/index.d.ts@0.0.29'

[5998/47028] CXX obj/third_party/protobuf/protobuf_lite/extension_set.obj
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\CEF\automate-git.py", line 1506, in <module>
if options.buildlogfile else None)
File "C:\CEF\automate-git.py", line 70, in run
args, cwd=working_dir, env=env, shell=(sys.platform == 'win32'))
File "C:\Python27\lib\subprocess.py", line 190, in check_call
raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['ninja', '-C', 'out\\Release_GN_x64', 'cefclient']' returned non-zero exit status 1

C:\CEF>

Any ideas...
Thanks!
Last edited by AMakarov on Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
AMakarov
Techie

Re: Build 4389 Error

Postby ndesktop » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:46 am

Rerun ninja build for that configuration, or use VS 2019. Community edition is just fine (I just finished a 4389 build with it).
ndesktop
Master

Postby AMakarov » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:57 am

ndesktop, apparently the problem is not in the studio version. I installed 2019 community edition, changed the system variables for "2019", and restarted the build process. The result is the same. Tried it on 2 different machines.
AMakarov
Techie

Postby ndesktop » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:32 am

I just build 4389 with the following setup:

Installed:
- Windows 10 x64
- Python 2 x64
- Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition v16.6.5
- SDK 10.0.19041

What I did:
- set a base directory without spaces (mine is C:\src\b\r\dev\cef\r) where the build scripts reside
- downloaded lastest automate-git.py in base directory
- use Python 2.7.17 (Python3 did *not* worked for me, gave some errors I did not bothered with)
- in the base directory create a build.cmd file with this content:
Code: Select all
@echo off
set GN_DEFINES=is_official_build=true use_thin_lto=false
set GYP_MSVS_VERSION=2019
set CEF_ARCHIVE_FORMAT=tar.bz2
python automate-git.py --download-dir=C:\src\b\h\dev\cef\r\4389 --branch=4389 --minimal-distrib --client-distrib --force-clean --x64-build

- set python 2 in path *first* (mine is in c:\bin\python\x64\27)
set PATH=c:\bin\python\x64\27\;%PATH%

Build:
- open cmd.exe (I'm using ConEmu64, but is really a cmd on steroids) and navigate to the base directory
- run build.cmd

It took quite a time, having also an AV product installed for other dev purposes, but it completed with success.
ndesktop
Master

Postby ndesktop » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:35 am

AMakarov wrote:ndesktop, apparently the problem is not in the studio version. I installed 2019 community edition, changed the system variables for "2019", and restarted the build process. The result is the same. Tried it on 2 different machines.

Changing VS version requires regeneration of various files.
So I think you should either rerun clean, or at least cef_create_projects.bat file
(I'm not 100% sure if this also regenerates out/$Configuration/environment.x64 and environment.x86; I think it does, but I'm not completely sure).
ndesktop
Master

Postby AMakarov » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:41 am

No any "dancing with a tambourine" helped. The build always crashes in the same place with the same error. Maybe create a bug?
AMakarov
Techie

Postby ndesktop » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:19 am

AMakarov wrote:No any "dancing with a tambourine" helped. The build always crashes in the same place with the same error. Maybe create a bug?

If you tried to build Chromium and get the issue, filing a bug is the way to go.

Meanwhile, I think you are hitting what was signaled here and here and here (also mentioned here).
Resolution would be either to modify tsconfig.json in
Code: Select all
"forceConsistentCasingInFileNames": false

as suggested in the first link, or upgrade ts-node, mocha and (probably the most important) TypeScript.

I don't know about TS mechanics in CEF build, but maybe you have a TypeScript older than 3.1.6 (as mentioned in comments in some of the links above) in PATH ?
That would explain why you might end up building .ts.d files with a buggy TS and get the error.
ndesktop
Master

Postby AMakarov » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:54 am

Thank you all very much for your participation!

Removed all system variables from previous versions and set only

set GN_DEFINES=is_official_build=true use_thin_lto=false ffmpeg_branding=Chrome proprietary_codecs=true
set GYP_MSVS_VERSION=2019
set CEF_ARCHIVE_FORMAT=tar.bz2

Build was successful!
AMakarov
Techie

Return to Support Forum